Financial Statement Preparation
NCCI assists your organization in the preparation of required financial statements and filings, including Net Capital Computation, Customer Reserve Calculation, FOCUS Reports, and other financial disclosures.
Some Broker-Dealers have limited accounting staff. Others are unsure of accrual accounting methods. Still others seek review of the financial statements they have prepared.
NCCI staff can assist in preparing financial statements that are:
- Required for Broker-Dealer application
- Required for state registration
- Required to be filed with the local office of FINRA as part of new member reporting requirements
- The necessary basis for completing and electronically filing FOCUS II or IIA, SSOI, Form Custody, or Schedule I reports
- Necessary for the annual audit
While NCCI does not perform the annual audits required by SEC Rule 17a-5, NCCI staff does secure the necessary financial information from the firm, create financial statements from that information, and provide instruction and guidance so the firm can prepare future financial statements itself with confidence. Of course, we are always available to review financial statements prepared by the firm for apparent additions and/or omissions and to assess their accuracy for regulatory purposes.